Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The New Rust Belt Chronicles is Coming!


The Rust Belt Chronicles has gone dark. I decided to take the time to manually move my blogs from Google Blogger to my new site on WordPress. The project has become rather tedious, but all good things must be designed properly.

 There are applications to make the transition happen quickly, but I wasn’t sure how involved the work would be to categorize the old blogs and possibly have to reformat the text and links. Why not just do it myself? Moving and placement of all the photos adds to the time to transpose and the occasional “404 error” implies the post has to be deleted and start again. The first time that instance happened it took me 3 hours of scratching my head to figure out the problem (like too large of a photo) and simply trash the article.

I always learn the hard way!

I am not sure if I will try to move each comment from Blogger to WordPress since that becomes another nightmare. We’ve got so much else to do to organize the newspaper regarding business decisions the comments may get moved later.

Once I achieve the transposing of the blogs, my blogging should resume on a regular schedule.
I should be done by Friday.

Perhaps by mid-April, the new Rust Belt Chronicles will make its debut.
Until We Meet Again,
 Jim Carver
Author: The Legacy of David A. Wells- The Lexington High School “Band of Gold”
Something Meaningful that Matters!

www.successthroughmusic.com
Disclaimer- Books and links on this website contain affiliate marketing sources between Jim Carver and third party companies. I only recommend products, brands and businesses that I strongly support. Photos used on this site are used courtesy of the original authors and in no way endorse The Rust Belt Chronicles or my work. Thank you.

1 comment: