Monday, August 20, 2012

Sharks and Dolphins and the Sea of Success!


When you start changing your life and heading towards success- be prepared to fend off sharks!

 Sharks are people who smell blood when anyone attempts to rise above them.  Sharks prefer you swim below their level. When they sense you are near success, they circle and eventually attack their prey.

I have witnessed this several times since I began writing my first book. First, the sharks didn’t believe I would follow through. Once they realized I was serious, a few initiated attacks. I believe the sharks felt I would take the bait. Perhaps, the sharks hoped I would react and give up? Maybe, I would be intimidated enough to go back to my predictable life? Not this time. Not anymore.

One way to prevent shark attacks is to hang with the dolphins. Dolphins are people within your network that support you and keep sharks at bay. When surrounded by dolphins, you benefit from the safety net of numbers. So, rise above the water and swim with the dolphins!


Photo used by kind permission of: jurvetson.
Warning- Once sharks finally realize the hunt is over; they usually attempt to get close to you and appear to provide support.

Don’t be fooled a shark is still a shark!

Until We Meet Again,

Jim Carver
Author: The Legacy of David A. Wells-The Lexington High School “Band of Gold”

Something Meaningful that Matters!
www.successthroughmusic.com

Disclaimer- Books and links on this website contain affiliate marketing sources between Jim Carver and 3rd party companies. I only recommend products, brands and businesses that I strongly support. Photos used on this site are used courtesy of the original authors and in no way endorse The Rust Belt Chronicles or my work. Thank you.

2 comments: