Monday, September 10, 2012

Book Review- Wisdom Meets Passion: When Generations Collide and Collaborate.


Last week, I received the new book co-written by author and life coach Dan Miller and his son, Jarad Angaza entitled- Wisdom Meets Passion: When Generations Collide and Collaborate.
Dan Miller is the best-selling author of No More Dreaded Monday’s and 48 Days to the Work You Love. Dan Miller has two websites offering community assistance, classes and podcasts at 48days.com and 48days.net.  Jarad Angaza is the president and co-founder of KEZA, an ethical fashion label in East Africa.

Special Prize

I purchased the book with a pledge on a special offer through indigogo.com. The book arrived quickly and the shipping envelope had a label with a special instructions to call a specific phone number “before doing anything else.”

The package was like a box of Cracker Jacks. What would I hear or receive from calling the phone number? What would I discover inside the package? Like a child, my mind began to wonder.
Upon calling the number, I received a (fittingly) 48-second message from author Dan Miller thanking me for participating in the project along with an encouraging message. I’ve never seen anyone else offer this nice little gesture in regards towards anything I’ve ever purchased.

Inside the package was the UBUNTU medallion necklace designed by Jarad Angaza and Hannah Woodard at KEZA. Nepali refugees through Hope Rise (a Nashville, Tennessee based charity) assembled the necklaces. Hope Rise assists the Nepali refugees with integration into Nashville, Tennessee. Each of the beautiful medallions sold allows the refugees income and dignity.
I removed the autographed book from the envelope and the bright cover artwork immediately attracts your attention. As I opened the book, I noticed a couple more “little surprises.” Inside the front cover was a post card size promo photo of Dan and Jarad and a “Wisdom meets Passion” book marker (featuring additional dowloadable files). The added gifts show the genuine appreciation of the authors for the purchase through indigogo.com.

Added Stuff

Separate from the book, folks who joined the 48days.net group, Wisdom meets Passion- were able to download a couple of free eBooks, to go along with the hard cover version of the book. It’s safe to say Dan and his son, Jarad understand the power of added value to a customer. Thank you Dan and Jarad!


The Review

Once I started to read this extra-ordinary book, it was difficult to put down. Of all the books I’ve read this year it is easily my favorite- hands down.

The wisdom and passion of Dan and Jared is immense throughout every chapter. The motivation and hope gained through reading Wisdom Meets Passion: When Generations Collide and Collaborate is inspiring, gratifying and immeasurable.
Dan’s view of wisdom and passion is traditionally based ideology, so the older folks (like me) can easily relate too. While Jared’s view is on the edge, off the cuff and raw, perhaps relating better with a younger audience or a different cultural mindset.

Together, their views present quite different ways to arrive at a similar path for success. Separately, Dan and Jarad’s methods stand on their own merits and remind us that not everything is accomplished the same way, while breaking down- what really matters in life.
I have waited several years for a new book from Dan Miller and I can honestly say this is his best work yet! The message is joyful and resonates with words of wisdom and passion. This is a book I will repeatedly read and study.

Wisdom Meets Passion: When Generations Collide and Collaborate is the book you must read if you’re serious about changing your life or the world you live in.
I highly recommend it!

Until We Meet Again,
 Jim Carver

Author: The Legacy of David A. Wells- The Lexington High School “Band of Gold”
Something Meaningful that Matters!

www.successthroughmusic.com


Disclaimer- Books and links on this website contain affiliate marketing sources between Jim Carver and 3rd party companies. I only recommend products, brands and businesses that I strongly support. Photos used on this site are used courtesy of the original authors and in no way endorse The Rust Belt Chronicles or my work. Thank you.
X58DCD2CT6X4
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow - thanks so much for that review of the book and the additional components of the purchasing process. We certainly wanted to make it a unique buying experience and we are thrilled with the feedback we're getting. Time will tell if the book will stand on its own merit but early reviews like yours are indicating we are on the right track. Thanks again for your comments.
    Dan Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan,

    I apologize for forgetting to mention the book and packing slip were autographed and the book marker contains additional downloadable information. I have updated the review to reflect the missed information.
    Thank you for your kind words. You may recognize the photo on the header of my blog. It is what is left of the old Westinghouse factory in downtown Mansfield, Ohio.
    Due to lack of vacation time and my wife being laid-off I have to forgo your Coaching for Excellence class next week. I will order the online class and plan on attending next spring at the Sanctuary.
    Who knows, maybe I will run into you in Amish country this fall or give me a shout if you’re nearby and perhaps we can meet you, chat or interview, if you have the time.
    I thank you and your son, Jarad for the inspirational book and extra valuable information.

    Sincerely,
    Jim Carver

    ReplyDelete