Thursday, November 8, 2012

Turning a Blog into a Brand!



Photo courtesy of: Search Engine People Blog.
Attempting to blog daily can be a tough assignment. Building an audience isn’t something that happens overnight or in a few months. Consistency and good content is the key to developing followers. Anything beyond those qualities is truly a blessing!

We often find ourselves so busy attempting to write the “next” blog we often forget to put the effort into following others, commenting on their blogs or just asking a few questions. Forgetting those people who are on the same journey as us is a mistake. Taking the proper time to put forth the effort increases our network, friends and influences.

I find it tough to take the time and provide the moral support to others. It’s far easier for me to write a blog or come up with something new rather than comment. It bugs me, not having the time I need to give back to others. Particularly, since I joined Bloggers.com it has become impossible to follow everyone.

So I’ve created a plan.

·        Those who comment on my musings, get top priority. Whatever those loyal folks do, I will do my best to follow and return the praise.

·        I will slowly read, pick and choose other bloggers with similar interests within the blogging communities I post and comment on their writings.

·        Lastly, I will prioritize the blogsters of bloggers.com and follow the same method as above.

·        Those who return the interests will be on my “A” list, the others will simply be replaced by new people.

·        Those who stick are my tribe members and most cherished friends!  

I hate rules- but to you, me and the rest of my schedule it’s only fair. To not set your own ground rules would mean everyone gets lost in the “social media” arena and we accomplish little.

Between my job, moonlighting as a blogger, assisting in daily chores and following my emails, social media sites and the two or three hours of sleep during the weeknights; I am pretty much maxed out.

My lack of sleep has taken a toll after a couple of years of the crazy schedule.

I soon need to find the time write an eBook and a regular book. I must also consider the direction of my blog as a business. One of the things I’ve found out by blogging is it’s so easy to keep focusing on writing a blog, while forgetting the other aspects of becoming a ”brand.”

Having a clearer direction of sail is paramount to turning an adventure into a successful business strategy.

I want to thank those who follow my blog and comment. I sincerely appreciate your interest.

 My hope is these thoughts have given you some ideas about your own blogging adventures or perhaps shared some parallel ideas towards your own start-up or entrepreneurship!

A journey can lead a thousand different directions, but a clear path and roadmap always helps!

Until We Meet Again,
 Jim Carver

Author: The Legacy of David A. Wells- The Lexington High School “Band of Gold”
Something Meaningful that Matters!

www.successthroughmusic.com


Disclaimer- Books and links on this website contain affiliate marketing sources between Jim Carver and third party companies. I only recommend products, brands and businesses that I strongly support. Photos used on this site are used courtesy of the original authors and in no way endorse The Rust Belt Chronicles or my work. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. Bloggers.com is really a good source of followers/readers. Happy blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinay, Thank you for joining me here! I am discovering the distinction o being a part of Bloggers.com. There are so many people in the network. Take Care, Jim

      Delete
  2. Its a good plan, just don't be too hard on yourself to be obedient. I find for me, dialoging is really good . Its a win/win. Though I don't write every day, when I do, there is interrest, and the rest of the time I can make connections and build up others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you or your input.I like your plan- it's solid! Jim

      Delete